It's been a long time coming and the wait is finally over; Conor McGregor will take on current UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 on October 6th.
The former Feather and Lightweight Champion McGregor hasn't fought inside the Octagon since winning the Lightweight belt back in 2016.
Bad blood has been brewing with these two for quite some time now, mostly stemming from a confrontation between Khabib and Mcgegors team mate Artem Lobov.
McGregor was quick to back up his teammate and friend, flying to New York and causing the infamous bus incident, that saw him and his 'crew' attack the bus carrying Khabib and other UFC fighters.
Since then, every MMA fan has looked forward to these two clashing inside the octagon, which thankfully, is just a few weeks away.
Fingers crossed no one pulls out of this one, it's sure to be one hell of a fight.
Other Fights Taking Place at UFC 229
- Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Tony Ferguson vs. Anthony Pettis
- Ryan LaFlare vs. Tony Martin
- Michelle Waterson vs. Felice Herrig
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Dominick Reyes
- Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
- Tonya Evinger vs. Aspen Ladd
- Lina Lansberg vs. Yana Kunitskaya
- Gray Maynard vs. Nik Lentz
- Alan Patrick vs. Scott Holtzman